- Features and Benefits
- Crash Test Video
- Contact Information
- Payton Leftwich, Inside Sales
- (972) 619-6685
- Boyd Milby, Outside Sales
- (469) 394-5776 (cell)
- Providing takeoff assistance is just another value-added service we're happy to offer!
X-Tension Guardrail End Treatment
GSI is the exclusive Texas Distributor of the X-Tension Guardrail End Treatment from Barrier Systems, Inc., the only fully re-directive, non-gating guardrail end terminal on the market.
Rather than using compression based technology, the X-Tension is designed to absorb the energy of the impacting vehicle at the impact head rather than being transferred down the rail, providing added vehicle control and greater energy absorbing capabilities.
The system is designed to be used interchangeably between tangent and flared applications, resulting in significant savings in repair, inventory, and maintenance costs.
The X-Tension has full TxDOT approval for NCHRP 350 TL-3 applications.
GSI also is a distributor of the X-LITE End Teatment from Barrier Systems, Inc.
Features and Benefits
The X-Tension's redirective, non-gating capabilities allow it to redirect beginning at the first post. All other systems do not redirect until post 3.
- Only NCHRP 350 tested non-gating guardrail end terminal available
- Parts Interchangeable between tangent and flared systems
- Available in 727 or 787mm [28.5 or 31”] Heights
- Easy Installation
- Lenght of Need - 40' (Begins at Post 1)
- Use in 28.5 or 31 inch height applications
- Steel and Wood post options available, as well as wood and composite block options
- Product Documentation:
- Product Information Sheet
- General Specifications
- TxDOT Approval Letter
- TxDOT Standard
Crash Test Video
All our products are FHWA accepted.
We have been doing business in Texas for over 40 years.
WE STAND BEHIND OUR REPUTATION!