Highway GuardRail Products
GSI carries an extensive inventory of highway guardrail products including 10 gauge and 12 gauge material. We stock curved guardrail from 5' to 60' radii, a wide variety of terminal end conditions including SGTs, and a wide variety of steel and timber posts for state and non-state use.
GSI is a TxDOT-approved warehouse for guardrail and posts. We also sell guardrail to many other states around the country, offering competitive pricing with LTL and/or truckload quantities.
Contact GSI today for a quote.
Valerie Hoeber, (972) 619-6671 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivery available Monday through Friday, customer pick up available from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
GSI'S INVENTORY OF GUARDRAIL PRODUCTS INCLUDES:
- 25' W-Beam (12 GA) with 0, 3'-1.5", 6'-3", 8'-4", 12'-6" post hole centers
- 12'-6" W-Beam (12 GA) 0, 6'-3" hole centers
- 6'-3" W-Beam (12 GA)
- Radiused 12'-6" W-Beam (12 GA) at 5' to 60' radii
- Weathered Core 10 MBGF
- Domed Timber Post 6'-3"
- Steel Line Post W6 x 9 x 6'-0"
- Steel Based Plated Post 2'-4", 5'-0" (Culvert)
- Steel Terminal Anchor Post
- Composite Blocks (Spacers) for Timber and Steel Posts (6"x8"x14")
- Barrier Systems X-Tension Guardrail End Treatment
- Barrier Systems X-LITE Guardrail End Treatment
- SGT (SKT-350) Type I, II, III, HBA ( Installation Instructions Drawing )
- SGT (ET-2000) Type I, II, III, HBA and Repair Parts ( Installation Instructions Drawing )
- Terminal Anchor Section ("TAS" or "turndown") P#2 P#3 P#4 P#5
- Flared End Wing ("Lobster Tail") P#2
- Thrie-Beam Terminal Connector Shoe ("End Shoe") installed (front) installed (back) AASHTO Standard
- W-Beam Terminal Connector Shoe
- Rounded Terminal Buffer ("Question Mark") AASHTO Standard
- 90 Degree Corner (Fabricated) (Inside and Outside Corner Available)
- Median Terminal Buffer, 6" and 11 1/8" Radii AASHTO Standard
- Per TxDOT Standard PCF-05
- Or custom per your project specifications
The following taken from TxDOT CAD Standards Webpage
- TxDOT MBGF-03A TxDOT Metal Beam Guard Fence PDF
- TxDOT MBGF(TR)-05 Metal Beam Guard Fence Transition PDF
- TxDOT MBGF(TL2)-05 Metal Beam Guard Fence Transition (TL2), Low Speed Transition
- TxDOT MBGF(T101)-05 Metal Beam Guard Fence Transition (T101)
- TxDOT SGT (8)-02 - Single Guardrail Terminal (SKT-350)
- TxDOT SGT (8)H-05 - Single Guardrail Terminal (SKT-350 HBA Steel Post)
- TXDOT MBGF Traffic Rail - Type T6
- TxDOT BED-03 Bridge End Details
- TxDOT PCF-05 Post and Cable Fence
- Other Crash Cushions (Takes you to the roadway design main standards page)
For Ordering, Design, and Installation
- FHWA, W-Beam Guardrail Repair and Maintenance
- NCHRP Project 22-23 will update this useful, but older manual
- ATSSA has developed a Guardrail Installation Checklist. Order here.
- FHWA Guardrail Approach Design and Need (Section VI)
- Maryland Guidelines of Traffic Barrier Placement & End Treatment Design
help with a takeoff or placing an order?
It is important we know the following to ensure you get the product you need the first time:
- Is this a state or non-state job (state-tested inventory cannot be shipped non-state jobs).
- If it is a state job, what is the project information?
- How many runs are there?
- Is the rail blocked out?
- Do you need radiused rail? How many curves? Length? Radius of each?
- Steel or timber posts?
- Are there low-fill culverts that will require base-plated posts? How thick is the culvert "top"?
- What end treatments do you need? TAS?, FEW?, SGT Type I, II, or III?
- To what type of concrete railing are we attaching the transitions?
Radius Guardrail is either concave and convex (show below).
Concave: Bowing away from the traffic lane
Convex: Bowing towards the traffic lane
To find the Radius for a curved rail:
- Step 1: Starting at the last
post in the straight run (point A), lay
cloth tape along the path that the curved guide rail will follow.
- Step 2: Mark-off two points along the curved cloth tape: one at 6'-3", (point B) and the second at 12'-6" (point C).
- Step 3: Pull string directly from starting point (point A) to the second mark-off point (point C).
- Step 4: Measure from the first marked-off point (point B) over to the mid-point of the taut string. this measurement (D) is the rise or "middle ordinate."
- Step 5: Check the chart to find the Radius (R), given the Rise (D).
- Example: a Rise of 3 7/8" inches would result in a Radius of 60 feet.
FUNCTIONS OF A 12'-6" ARC FOR DIFFERENT RADII
ATSSA offers extensive guardrail installation and longitudinal barrier system training
- Guardrail Installation Training. A comprehensive overview of what is involved prior to, during and after the installation of guardrail
- Order the webinar CD of this training
- Longitudinal Barrier Training. Selection and application of longitudinal barriers.
- ATSSA has developed a Guardrail Installation Checklist. Order here.
You can join ATSSA and be a part of their vital Guardrail Services Division.FHWA RT-90-001 W-Beam Guardrail Repair and Maintenance soon to be updated by NCHRP Project 22-23Criteria for Restoration of Longitudinal Barriers
- [ACTIVE] NCHRP Project 22-23Criteria for Restoration of Longitudinal Barriers
- 2007 Florida Turnpike puts safety first with median and canal barrier program
- 2003 In-Service Performance of Traffic Barriers. NCHRP Report 490
- 2002 Calculating the Benefits and Costs for Roadway Safety Investments
- 1999 Crash Test Report: NCHRP Report 350 Test 3-11 of the Strong Wood Post Thrie Beam Guardrail
- 1999 NCHRP Report 350 Test 4-12 of the Modified Thrie Beam Guardrail (TL-4)
- 1997 Guardrail and Median Barrier Crashworthiness: A Synthesis of Highway Practice. NCHRP Synthesis 244
- 1994 Highway Guardrails: Safety Feature or Roadside Hazard? Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 1468
Answers to Photos on Guardrail Brochure
- 1. Convex W-Beam Radius Guardrail with Composite Blockouts and Steel Line Posts
- 2. W-Beam Guardrail with Steel Line Posts
- 3. Single Guardrail Terminal (ET-2000)
- 4. Terminal Anchor Section (a.k.a. Turndown)
- 5. Domed Timber Post with Composite Blockout
- 6. Thrie Beam Terminal Connector, Thrie Beam Guardrail, and Thrie Beam to W-Beam Transition
- 7. Single Guardrail Terminal (SKT-350)
- 8. W-Beam Terminal Connector
- 9. Midwest Guardrail System (MGS) Asymmetrical W-Beam to Thrie-Beam Transition
- 10. Flared End Wing (a.k.a. "Lobster Tail")
Contact us today for a free quote!
Inside Sales Representative
Providing takeoff assistance is just another value-added service we're happy to offer!
All of our products are FHWA accepted.
We have been doing business in Texas for over 40 years.
WE STAND BEHIND OUR REPUTATION!
- End Treatments
- Crash cushions
- Guardrail Helps
- Answers to Photos on Guardrail Brochure
- Contact us today!
- MGS Thrie Beam Transition
- X-Tension Guardrail End Treatment
- X-LITE End Treatment
- Crash Cushions
- Temporary Barriers
- Trailer Truck Mounted Attenuator (TTMA)
- U-MAD Truck Mounted Attenuator
- Valerie Hoeber, Inside Sales
- (972) 619-6671
- Payton Leftwich, Inside Sales
- (972) 619-6685
- Guardrail inventory is now located at our Beltline location.
- 2861 S. Beltline Rd, Dallas, TX 75253
- Click for directions to inventory location.